Make up and I have quite a history together. I have learned some cool ass shit through out the years and I know what I am talking about. I am not the girl who walks into a store and believes and buys. No, Sir Ree Bob. I need to get my frigging hands on it and play with it. I have bought shit comparable to a turd wrapped up in a pretty box for $52. Yeah. No. I buy, I try, I love and I keep, or I hate and I return. Through the years I have fallen in love a few times and when I fall in love, I stay in love. Here are my absolute favorite basic Beauty must haves. I replenish these products before they run dry because when I am in love… I can’t live without!
Here’s the shit you need to look good:
1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: Hands down my favorite foundation of all time. Don’t let the name fool you. It for sure covers some shit up and it gives you a bad ass youthful glow while doing it. This is my everyday and most nights out foundation. It layers well. If I know I am going to be photographed or going to an event I opt for something a little more serious.
2. Amazing Concealer: This stuff could cover up a murder. It is hard core. A little goes A LONG WAY, so chill out when using. I have the most beautiful dark circles that no one can see when I use this shit.
3. Mac Paint Pot in Painterly: I use this product two ways. I use it alone to even out my eyelids’ skin tone on days when I am not wearing a full face. I also use painterly as my eye shadow base most of the time. It is a great primer!
4. Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade: I have tragic brows. I guess God’s plan was to really amp up my bush. Thanks, big fella. Anywho, Dipbrow is my go-to brow filler. It is thick as hell and it sets quickly, so work fast. The tub will last you 89 years if you use it sparingly. I don’t care if you have thin or thick brows… everyone needs to fill and shape their shit.
5. Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Powder: I love this powder for so many reasons. It softens and smooths, reflects light, does not set in fine lines and wrinkles, sets make up, shall I continue? It is super light weight, controls shine, the list goes on. I was actually peer pressured by a gigantic lady with major plaque build up on her teeth and unruly brows to buy it. I grabbed it and bought it because her breath was offending me. I went home, used it and thought about going back to tongue kiss her. That’s how much I love this powder.
6. Nars Laguna Bronzer: In my opinion, which I hope to prove to you should matter, Laguna is at the top of it’s game. Been using it forever. Great for contouring, I think it looks natural, and it adds a nice subtle glow.
7. Bobbi brown Long Wear eyeliner: Love this stuff. Lasts forever, blends easy, sets quick, lasts ALL DAY.
8. Smashbox PhotoFinish Foundation Primer: Silky, moisturizing and lightweight. This shit softens the look of fine lines and wrinkles and it ain’t no gimmick. I use this sometimes alone, but always under my foundation.
Now, scram! Put some make up on and feel pretty! xo