I think it’s safe to say that Caitlyn Jenner broke the internet and stole Kim’s thunder even after announcing she and Kanye are indeed expecting their second child. Did you miss that announcement? It was easy to. Jenner’s Vanity Fair cover was fabulously gorgeous and she absolutely brought it! Basically, she’s hot. But there is so much more to her transition and her cover photo, she is incredibly inspiring and I believe she is going to pave the way society views, respects and accepts the transgender community. We are all humans, we all have our own story and it’s no one’s place to pass judgement on a struggle one knows nothing about, except for the person struggling. Her debut comes at the perfect time as well as June is National LGBT Pride Month. Caitlyn Jenner has mine and TSP’s complete support. YOU GO GIRL! Here are ten things perhaps you don’t yet know about the new and beautiful Miss Caitlyn Jenner.
1. How she chose her name, Caitlyn. She told Vanity Fair she began the search over two years ago and would watch the Miss America Pageant to try out the names of the contestants with her last name. Heather and Cathy were also in the running, but Caitlyn stuck.
2. Why the “C” and not the”K”? It appears to have been quite the debate, especially since every female in the Kardashian clan begins their name with a “K”. It’s reported that she chose Caitlyn to break tradition and separate her self a bit from the world famous family.
3. Jenner underwent 10 hours of feminization surgery to soften any masculine qualities in her face as well has had breast augmentation surgery. Many have suspected a heavy amount of photo shopping on Vanity Fair’s cover, and perhaps there was some photo shopping done, but her face has been surgically altered to have a more feminine look to her. As of this time, it is reported that she has not had gender reassignment surgery. (Ps. Let’s be honest, they photo shop supermodels. And I would happily accept a touch up here and there if I were ever lucky enough to ever grace the cover of Vanity Fair. Please and thank you!)
4. There has been lots of talk about Caitlyn’s hair, the shine, the style and the volume. It comes to no surprise that one of the top hairstylist in the world was ordered in to create her stunning look. Miami’s very own Oribe was in charge and gave Jenner that old school Hollywood hair do. They used Oribe’s Dry Texturizing Spray, Signature Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray and their shampoo and conditioner to leave her hair looking soft and shiny. (Ps. Hurry! This stuff is selling out…and fast!)
5. Jenner’s mother, Esther, has not met Caitlyn yet and has plans to do so in the next week. She is sending a private plane to pick up her 89 year old mother and jokes that Caitlyn is much nicer and more thoughtful than Bruce, because he would have never done that. His mother is extremely open minded, welcoming and can not wait to meet Caitlyn, whom she already refers to and addresses Jenner as. (That’s a cool ass mom right there.)
6. Caitlyn says going to the mailbox everyday has never been so fun and inspiring. People from all over the world write her, thanking her for sharing her story and show an incredible amount of support. She says she reads every letter and responds as much as she can. She recently received a letter from a transgender woman from the east coast who left her number in the event she ever wanted to talk, so she called her and they spoke for 45 minutes. How cool is that?!
7. Following her surgeries in March, Jenner revealed she suffered a massive panic attack. After her big reveal to herself, Caitlyn broke down and wondered if she had gone too far. A counselor from the Los Angeles Gender Center made a house call and after their session together, Caitlyn realized her reaction was “human and temporary”.
8. One would think that Caitlyn would debut herself in couture for the coveted cover of Vanity Fair…but instead kept it more modest and sexy/simple. The new woman was wearing a $200 corset from Trashy Lingerie and rocked it!
9. Next month Caitlyn will be awarded ESPN’s Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the televised ESPY awards. The award is intended to “reflect the spirit of Arthur Ashe, possessing strength in the face of adversity, courage in the face of peril and the willingness to stand up to their beliefs no matter what the cost”. Yup, I’d say she is doing a damn good job at that and most definitely deserves this award. Last year’s recipient was Michael Sam, the first openly gay NFL prospect. #pride
10. Twitter record broken! In just four hours and three minutes, Jenner gained one million followers on her Twitter handle, @Caitlyn_Jenner. The record was previously held by President Obama. Now…let’s hope she gets an Instagram sometime very soon! PLEASE Caitlyn! Currently she has 2.23 million Twitter followers.
Thank you Caitlyn for sharing your story with the us all and helping create awareness of acceptance. You are helping change the world. You rule!
Love It. Live It. Share It.