1. A trip to Maine isn’t in the budget this summer, don’t fret. Hit up Nicksons Eatery in LaGrange. Brothers, Nick and Rich Baca, are bringing the flavors of Maine to you. Tuesday June 16th – Saturday June 20th, Nickson’s Eatery will be putting on their 5th Annual Lobster Fest. This is one food fest you aren’t going to want to miss. There will be everything from whole split lobster to lobster chowder and so much more!
2. Wait, what’s that? Did you say you have never had a lobster roll? NOT NO MO HONEY! One of Nicksons’ featured items is their world famous lobster roll! Bread toasted to perfection, buttered and filled with delicious chunks of supreme lobster. This is the perfect lobster roll.
3. The Nicksons Family is a cool ass group of people. Period. They make you feel like you are at home.
4. As I always say, “Eat fresh. Support Local.” One of my favorite things about this restaurant is their appreciation for supporting local themselves and using the freshest ingredients. Get off your rump and show them some love. The food rules!
5. Live Music. Hello TSPeeps! This isn’t just about the food, Nicksons’ Lobster Fest is an experience. Come to the Lobster Fest on Friday or Saturday and the Nicksons boys are taking this fest street side! Yup, you heard it here first! Lobster and live music all in one spot. #PartyLikeALobstar
6. Did someone say beers? Cool Ass Craft Beers coming right up! Nicksons will have some great local beers on tap. If you haven’t tasted an Emmet’s beverage or Revolution, add tasting a couple of those to your list of to do’s when you get to the fest. Lobster + lemony light craft beverage = heaven on earth.
7. Lobster Fest comes but once a year. And every year it just keeps getting bigger and better!
8. They serve a martini that tastes like the sea! Be sure to order yourself Nicksons’ signature Lobster Fest cocktail, the Lobster Martini.
9. The town of Lagrange, home of Nicksons Eatery happens to be a great little spot and well worth the trip. If you are coming from the city, and want to enjoy some libations, hop on the Metra/BNSF and walk 1 block south. Just follow the sound of the live music…and your nose, to Nicksons Eatery for the 5th Annual Lobster Fest.
10. The Sisters of TSP will be there and we would love to see you. Don’t think the sisters of TSP would miss for one minute partying like a lobSTAR. See you Saturday!
Love it! Live it! Share it!