My kids and I had to say goodbye to our sweet baby Charlie yesterday. She was a lovely boxer who brought so much love and joy to our lives. The pain is real but I must say Max and Margot’s minds are making this grieving process somewhat sweet. The minds and perspective of children are so innocent and beautiful. The moment I start crying they have me laughing again. Here is a cute little list of things my kids have said regarding the loss of our dog, Charlie:
- I can’t wait to fall asleep so I can dream about her.
- Charlie was the best girl I ever knowed.
- I only want Charlie playing with other dead dogs we know so we know she is playing with the nice dogs.
- I don’t want human angels to have her now. She is my dog.
- Can she eat chocolate now since it cant kill her?
- We need to make sure George is not sad because he just lost his wife. (George is our other dog)
- Mommy, you haven’t pooper scooped in a while, I bet we still have some of Charlie’s poo in the yard. Can we save it?
- Heaven is the best place ever because it has Charlie now.
- Mommy, I am afraid I will forget her. We need to look at pictures every day so I can keep her in my heart.
- We didn’t say goodbye forever we just said good bye until we see her again.
Because of them I am able to see beauty in her death. Sleep well, sweet girl.
Charlie Pearl June 5, 2002-January 31, 2016
Love it. Live it. Share it.