As a follow-up to Nicole’s stellar list, I’ve been asked to come up with my own list of things I’ve learned and believe to be true now that I’ve been on this planet for thirty-five years. I hope some of what I share strikes a chord with you or is of some help. Enjoy!
- Sunscreen every day. No ifs, ands, or buts.
- Crusty hands are no bueno. Use this.
- Grown women keep their own stash of condoms. Keep that cooch cootie free.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for a raise, as long as you can back up why you deserve one. The glass ceiling will never even pertain to you if you’re not even trying to bump your head up against it.
- Family first. If your man doesn’t get it, he probably shouldn’t be a part of it.
- Time management is important. Everyone’s time is as valuable as yours. You know that asshole in your group of friends who’s always told to show up 30 minutes earlier than the actual start time? Don’t be that asshole.
- Put some stamps in your passport. Vacation shouldn’t just be about all-inclusive resorts (as much as we love them). Get out of your comfort zone and see how other people live.
- Do your girls justice. Give them a custom bra fitting.
- Act with discernment when you put yourself into any sort of grey zone. What feels good isn’t always right. Don’t act surprised if/when it comes back to bite you in the ass.
- Having a civilized meal out by yourself is a-ok. Enjoy your own company.
- Be careful about what you have floating around on the internet. This includes nude photos, weird incendiary rants, and posts about Mark Zuckerberg giveaways.
- Stop trying to change people. This applies to friends, family and lovers.
- Champagne is always a good idea.
- Life is more than what we see on Instagram and Facebook. Stop comparing. We all have no idea what the other person is really going through behind closed doors.
- White sheets will force you to wash the makeup off your face after a night out.
- Don’t let your past control your future. Shit happens to all of us. Use it to your advantage. Learn from it and move on.
- Happiness is not for sale. Neither is love.
- Quit with the slut-shaming. There’s nothing wrong with being sexually generous.
- Pee after you do the deed. Don’t be the sad girl with jugs of cranberry juice at the checkout line.
Thanks for dropping in!
Love It. Live it. Share it.