Warmer temps and Spring Break are upon us and that means it’s time to step out from hibernation to enjoy this beautiful city. Whether you’re a visitor or a resident, Chicago has a billion things for you to see, experience and eat….oh, and drink. Here is my list of top ten things to do right now, right here in Chicago.
- Calling all art enthusiasts! Go see the Vincent Van Gogh ‘s Bedrooms exhibit at The Art Institute – I mean, if you love art…this is here for YOU! PS. Stop in the contemporary wing for a glimpse at some Warhol.
- Spa lover? Make a day of it at one of Chicago’s beautiful spas. For a magical journey, go to Allyu Spa. For luxury, head to the Waldorf Astoria. If you’re in the burbs, hit up Burr Ridge’s Kohler’s Water Spa. You won’t be sorry.
- Grab your bike, take a walk or run on the 606. (It’s FREE.) Don’t forget to stop and step off the trail to check out some seriously cool ass street art. Then head to Logan Square for brunch at Jam or Lula Cafe.
- Into Chinese history? Done. Head over to The Field Museum and have a walk around the Terracotta Warrior exhibit. Holy crap, it’s so cool!
- Looking for something zen to do, but still want to move your body? Come to one of my yoga classes at Yoga Six! The studios are stunning and the teacher is, well….me!
- The new and improved facilities of Whirly Ball are frigging fun and should definitely be an option. But have you heard of Knockerball? Be prepared to pee in your pants with your friends. Check this out!
- Visit the hipster brewery that is Lagunitas Brewing Company. The place is ginormous and the beer is spectacular. Do go on the free tour with one of the super informative tour guides, he may or may not be high and cracking some seriously hilarious jokes.
- Get a restaurant off your bucket list. Need a recommendation? Ok. Go to Vera in the West Loop on Lake. It’s my favorite place in the entire city. Get the grilled octopus, olives and tomato bread. You’re welcome. PS. They have wine on tap. Yup.
- Chicago has so many pockets of wonderful little neighborhoods. Are you more into high end boutiques and quaint little restaurants? Head to Lincoln Park. More of a hipster looking for odds and ends and vegan cuisine? Might want to check out the Bucktown/Wicker Park area. Or go to the West Loop and go on a food crawl down Randolph Street. (Actually, that’s a good idea for any neighborhood – pick one and eat your way through it.)
- Before doing any of this head over to Sawada Coffee in the West Loop before 4pm any day and grab a Military. Are you ready? It’s a matcha tea latte with a shot of espresso with the milk of your choice. I do soy milk. It is divine! You’ll have all the energy you need to see the entire city and then some!
There you have it. Ten things to see and do in the beautiful city of Chicago! The possibilities of good food, fine drinks and great shopping are endless. And that is exactly what I love about my city oh so much.
Tell me…what is your favorite thing to do or eat in the city?
Love it. Live it. Share it.