Spring is officially here which means it is time to transition fully from winter to spring everything. It can be a difficult transition considering it might still snow but I am die-hard. Once I hear birds chirping outside my bedroom window, I boycott winter coats and I let all of my deep dark winter nail polishes and lipsticks collect a little dust until it is time to meet again. Once I go spring I never go back. Here is a cool ass list of ways I mentally and physically transition from winter to spring:
- Nail Color: By the end of every season I yearn for the next season’s color palette. I am so excited to be benching my winter hues and cracking open my springy pinks, nudes, and creamy whites. My favorite spring manicures? OPI’s Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It, Essie’s Waltz, Allure, Fun In The Gondola, and Mademoiselle. Oh, and while we are talking nails click here to check out how to give yourself the best manicure at home
- The Lip: I love me some dark ass lip color but my kisser is beyond ready to be sporting some brighter, more cheerful hues. Rosy and bright pinks, poppy reds, and sexy nudes are playing my lip game like champs this season. This is a really fun way to bring spring back into your life today. MAC’s lipsticks in Japanese Maple, Vegas Volt, and Chatterbox are my springtime favorites this year along with NARS’ lipgloss in Stolen Kisses.
- Rosy Cheeks: There is just something about a rosy cheek that gets me in spring spirit. I have a couple favorites I have welcomed back with open arms and a newbie I am loving this spring. Change up the rouge, ladies. It is a seasonal game changer. My favorites this season? NARS’ Orgasm (duh!) and Impassioned (the newbie and I am IN LOVE) and MAC’s Dame.
- The Kicks: I love the black leather boots I wore everyday this winter but nothing compares to busting out a cute comfy pair of sneakers you haven’t worn since BS (before snow). I put on my favorite pair of white adidas sneakers this past week and let me tell you… I loved saying “til next time” to my winter boots. And for the record if you want to wear an open toe shoe, wear it. It’s spring!
- Denim: I love my skinny jeans but tend to enjoy them more in the colder months when wearing booties and pumps. Spring and boyfriend jeans go together like spaghetti and meatballs. I throw on some sneakers and bum around town like a comfy, casual champ all spring day long. Oh, and my new favorite jeans? Express’ killer pair of white denim leggings. They frigging rock. Run. Don’t walk.
- Candles: I have a pretty solid relationship with candles and seasons. I don’t burn balsam in the summer and I don’t burn coconut in the winter. The thought of that actually makes me very uncomfortable. So, when spring rolls around I flame up some herbal/floral scents. It may be a chilly 50 degree spring day outside but up in here spring is blooming. I am digging burning Mrs. Meyer’s candle in Basil. It is one of my new spring favorites.
- Layers: When spring arrives I look forward to layering in an airier, lighter fashion. Thick bulky knits can sit rested while my loosely knit and lighter layers take front and center. Tanks, tees, and tunics layered with flowing, loose knit cardigans kind of make me giddy.
- Take It To The Streets: If you are like me you probably turn the workouts up a notch when spring finally hits. Throughout the winter months I run on a treadmill at the gym almost everyday and it becomes incredibly boring and almost daunting. The minute the winter chill takes a hiatus I hit the streets to get my cardio in and there is nothing more refreshing and energizing than getting your workout in outdoors.
- Fresh Flowers: I am one of those people who adore having fresh flowers in the house. Spring time triggers a need to have fresh cut flowers in my home every single day. They make me feel happy and spring some life into this joint. Sometimes that is all it takes. A beautiful vase of fresh tulips to turn that winter frown upside down. It convinces me spring is actually here.
- Coloring: As you know, I am a coloring fanatic. I am utterly obsessed and believe it is coloring that brings me peace throughout my day. I spent this past winter coloring mandalas and paisley patterns up the wazoo. Last week I busted out some gorgeous floral patterns and let me tell you that alone has sonic boomed my ass into spring and I couldn’t be more happily relaxed about it. And if you are interested in taking your art from good to freaking amazing, BUY THESE!
Happy spring, TSPeeps!