My relationship with beauty products goes much deeper than simply loving them. When I meet a product that embodies qualities that possess the potential to have longevity in my life, it has my attention. All of it. There are millions of beauty products out there but only a minuscule fraction of those make it to this list. I know more about products than I know about myself. I am very passionate about the industry and what it produces. If someone raves about it, I check it out. If I like what I see and feel, I buy it. If it sucks I return it. If its good I keep it, using it sporadically and never buying it again. If its great I use it and replenish. But then there are these. My favorites of all time. The ones I can’t live without. The ones that never disappoint, making every time I use them just like the first time. Perfection. Now, I don’t just use the product religiously, I actually have a relationship with them. I can pretty much remember the exact time and place I was first introduced to a product I fell in love with. Think of it like a first kiss. A good first kiss that gives you butterflies. One that makes you yearn for more. That is the exact sensation my body has when I meet a love worthy product. Not just love worthy but marriage worthy. And not like the marriages I have had in the past where divorce is an option. I would NEVER divorce these products. My commitment and love for them is deeper than any commitment I have had with a man. Ridiculous? No way. My favorite nail polish never makes me cry and my all time favorite body cream always feels good, smells good and looks good when it is smeared all over my body. If its not broke don’t fix it, ya know?
Without further ado, my favorite beauty products of all time Part 1.
- Essie’s Allure Nail Polish. I have been committed to this sheer nail color for close to 15 years. In my opinion, which significantly matters, there is no sheer nude nail color that compares to Essie’s Allure. It’s milky sheer white lacquer slides on the nail effortlessly making at home manicures a cinch. Two coats does it and you can wear this bad boy every day of the year if you’d like. There is not one single hint of pink which has made this nail polish junkie’s favorite shade earn its bragging rights.
- Seche Vite Topcoat. I have tried them all and no fast drying topcoat beats my tried and true Seche Vite. This bitch dries in seconds and leaves a lasting shine that makes your manicures sparkle like diamonds. I would NEVER do an at home manicure without it and guess what? I bring it with me to the nail salon and have the girls use it on my fingers and toes because I am a particular snob who knows what’s best.
- Clarins Moisture-Rich Body Lotion. I worked for Clarins almost 20 years ago. French skincare and I still have quite the love affair after all this time because of my gig with Clarins. There are several products from this solid skincare line that I absolutely love but none more than their moisture-rich body lotion. The smell itself is worth the purchase but that doesn’t even compare to the feel of your skin after rubbing this shit all over it. The soft, velvety feel and moisturized sheen this cream leaves on your skin ALL DAY is incomparable to any body cream I have ever used and I have used them all.
- Ahava Hand Cream. My first experience with Ahava hand cream was a million years ago in the Florida Keys. My sisters and I went there with my dad for our baby sisters soccer tournament and while shopping in a cute little town I picked up a travel sized set of Ahava products. Inside that bag was what would one day be one of my favorite products of all time. The hand cream. You want your hands to go from dry, dehydrated old lady raisin hands to supple, soft hands of a young woman? Ahava hand cream. Of course it smells divine, if it didn’t it wouldn’t be on this list. These things have to have it all. Its feel is thin and silky in consistency, not thick and emollient, and it moisturizes your hands all day. Oh, and carry this gem in your purse. This is my secret way to refresh my manicures. Lube it up to make your mani shine and your cuticles soften.
- Bed Head Hard Head Hairspray. Ok. This hairspray is not for the average girl who uses a few squirts of hairspray to set her semi-decent blow dry. No way no how. You will have a stiff ass helmet of bad hair until tomorrow. This hair spray is for broads who do. it. up. I have this hairspray in my hair arsenal at all times. This is not my everyday hold. Nope. This shit could be used in construction zones in lieu of hard hats. When I pin my hair up or pull my hair back, this is my go to hairspray and always will be. Why? Because it’s loyal as hell. Big ass curls you don’t want falling until next week? Hard Head. Got an awful haircut and you don’t want anyone to know you now have bangs and you slick them back into a ponytail every God damn day and don’t want those chopped off bitches to expose themselves? Hard Head. This stuff is serious. Too much and you will look like a Lego so chill the EFF out when using it. This hairspray makes my list because it delivers a serious, committed hold that ain’t going anywhere and that is just what you need sometimes.
- Face Exfoliator. I wrote about this favorite of mine not too long ago. You can read all about it here. Basically, this is the product I use at home that keeps me young. There is no way to stop the aging process but there sure as hell is a way to slow it the hell down. This bad ass little beast of a sponge will remove all of your dead ass skin on your face allowing your fresh, glowing skin beneath to make its debut. I have tried the priciest exfoliators on the market and none pack a punch white like this 5 dollar bad ass.
- Botox. If I had to choose one product on this list that I could never live without it would be Botox. There is nothing I had ever used or done that has made me feel quite the way botox does. It makes me look refreshed, rejuvinated, youthful, awake, and beautiful. Now, not all Botox is good Botox. How is that? Who administers the product is more important than the actual product. If you want the best Botox of your life visit my wrinkle whisperer, Dr Frank Madda. He is a board certified plastic surgeon who knows his shit. He won’t go overboard either. He gives you just what you need to make you look and feel the best you have looked and felt in a long ass time. I love him and Botox more than I love my children. I will forever live frozen in time.
- Laura Mercier Bare Beige Glace. This lip gloss goes down in history as my favorite everyday lip gloss of all time due to its sheer beige color as well as its nonsticky lustrous texture. This gloss possesses no pink or no orange. The color of this stuff is straight up neutral. Beige as hell and gorgeous as hell. It looks good on everyone and you can wear it anytime and anywhere. Keep this bitch in your purse because you will be grabbing for it constantly once you make the purchase. I promise. This will be your go-to.
- Nars Laguna Bronzer. This isn’t a cult classic for nothing. Nars’ Laguna Bronzer and I have been through it all. Sickness and in health, Laguna has been by my side helping me look my hottest. I use her all year round. I apply heavier in the warm, summer months and more conservatively in the winter months but nonetheless Laguna and I are best bitches. Together always. Do you need a bronzer? The answer is yes. Why? Because the dead person look isn’t really in style. Put a little life in your face by putting a little color on it. Laguna is a bronzing champ that will have you looking slightly or majorly sun kissed depending on your hand. It applies evenly and consistently with great blending abilities so you won’t look a fool, you will look alive and beautiful, like me 😉 This here is a definite must have.
- Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Skin Energy Hydration Delivery System. Amore Pacific everything is top notch. I was a business manager for them 11 years ago. That is when I fell in love with their products. One thing I will forever worship and have in my skincare arsenal is their Moisture Bound Hydration Delivery System. This liquid gold comes in a spray bottle and delivers a refreshing, moisturizing mist that hydrates your mug whenever you need a little pick me up. This product is a MUST HAVE for anyone who travels frequently, has long ass work days, spends a bit of time out in the heat and sun, who gives a crap about products, and lastly this product is a must have for every woman who has a face. Basically, it is the perfect way to hydrate at home or on the go and wait for it….. you can spritz this shit over your makeup to set it as well as rehydrate when need be. Its main ingredient? Bamboo sap. The smell? Absolutely beautiful.
Ladies, I just did you a solid favor and gave you a list of 10 things that will benefit your life in ways you won’t know until you have them to call your own. Don’t be dumb. Buy them and love them. Expect Part 2 of My Favorite Beauty Products Of All Time very soon. You will be buying all of that amazing shit too. xoxo