When I began TSP with my sisters I was going through some shit. I knew then it was critical to get into a very good place spiritually and mentally. I was in the midst of the most difficult year of my life, so I thought. What I didn’t know was the year following that one would be much worse. It is strange to reflect and realize those may have been the best years of my life in many ways, though. The spiritual and emotional growth that took place inside of me was exponential. Maybe I was the strongest I have ever been spiritually and mentally because I had to be. I had to survive and that was the only way I would. It is strange how that happens. I could have easily taken a nose dive and crashed and burned but instead began to allow the advice of my sister Lauren to resonate inside of me. If I do not change the way I think I will not survive this life with my mind and with a smile on my face and I will not be able to put one on anyone else’s. That thought right there horrified me. I had to find happiness and not momentary happiness. Momentary happiness is easy. I needed to find real, organic, true happiness inside of me that would breed more and more happiness. I found solace in positive thinking and living a more purposeful, spiritual life – one that made my difficult life seem easier and my ugly thoughts turn beautiful. I began to realize just how incredible and powerful the universe is and how beautiful, constantly beautiful, life is when you think positively and exude only positive vibes which birthed from my very own positive thoughts. Somewhere throughout the past year, though, I dropped the ball on thinking like a champ. It is not that I am thinking exclusively negative, instead I am focused on thinking exclusively positive and being in touch with my constant thoughts and the universe… and holy crap I can feel it. I have noticed how my anxiety has heightened a bit and how my energy has lowered. Living a positive life makes everything so much better. When I was of a positive mind, I ate better, I loved better, I accepted better, I listened better, I slept better, I wrote better, I looked better, I felt better, I lived better. I was a really fucking awesome version of me. In my mind I was who I am supposed to be. It felt perfectly balanced, my life, the universe, and me. Lately I have slipped which is ok because I am aware. Being conscious of your thoughts is major. Being aware is being half way there. I know what (some) people think when they read or hear this shit. Whoa poppatooney we got a looney! I used to get annoyed, real annoyed, with Lauren and other universe loving, positive thinking hippies. I wasn’t a complete negative Nelly by any means but I certainly was not conscious of my thoughts and didn’t know or respect how powerful the universe is. I knew, though, that I was suffering when I didn’t need to be suffering and the only person in this whole wide world who had the ability to alter that was me. I began to listen. I began to get to know my mind. I began to shoo away negative thoughts the way I shoo away an annoying fly and replace those thoughts with something positive. I began to notice very quickly into this process how my once negative life was beginning to shift and good positive things began taking over. This, my friends, is the law of attraction. The thought that energy is attracted to like energy. If you put out positive energy what do you get back? Positive frigging energy. Don’t believe it? That is ok. But I challenge you to join me on my spiritual journey and some maintenance because I am overdue for a tune up. And I must add something. I am an amateur at all of this. Practice makes perfect. One day I will live the way I need to live without having to put so much thought and effort into it but I cannot get there until I consistently try.
Here are the things I am going to do to get myself and my mind back where I need it to be so the universe can begin to bring me all of the beauty and good that I give it.
- I am going to meditate every frigging day. I will meditate every morning when I wake but will try to do it every night as well before I go to sleep.
- I am going to be constantly aware and conscious of my thoughts. This is easier said than done but once begun and practiced it is easier done than said.
- I am going to wake up every morning and remind myself of 3 things I am grateful for.
- I am going to exercise consistently.
- I will keep my day organized, using my planner and being prepared for the day. When I am not organized and I am not in control of my day it is very easy to stray from a positive mindset.
- I am going to smile. Constantly. And I will smile to everyone who meets my eyes.
- I will read books that promote positivity. These are two of my favorites.
- I will drink lots of water.
- I will eat food that feeds my soul. Whole foods.
- Stop. Take a little time throughout the day to just take in my surroundings and be present.
- Concentrate on the positives. If my day sucks huge nards, for example, I will be thankful for that day. It would suck huger nards if I wasn’t here to not entirely enjoy that shit day.
- Make a bigger effort to connect with the beautiful souls in my life.
- I will make sure to get proper and adequate sleep. 8 hours is what my mind and body require in order for me to thrive in my day.
I am so excited to get back to where I want to be and I hope I have influenced at least one person to join me on this journey. It is truly life changing.