Ever since we can remember our mom has been burning candles all year round, every day, all day. And not only does she just burn candles, she has perfected when and which seasonal scents to flame up. And now as a result, her daughters are absolutely obsessed with candles, almost to a creepy degree. Here are TSP’s most favorite candles for the holiday season. A perfect hostess gift, but an even better gift just for you! Enjoy them…they stink so good!
1. Yankee Candle, Holiday Bayberry ($27.99) – If the three kings were actually a candle, it would smell like this: pine, fir, bayberry, frigging frankincense and myrrh.
2. Votivo, Icy Blue Pine ($32) – One of the stronger ones of the bunch, jam packed with crisp pine. It’s like a wintery punch in the face.
3. Yankee Candle, White Christmas ($27.99) – One good huff of this and you are instantly in a winter wonderland. A perfect blend of crispy winter air, pine and evergreen trees. Subtle, yet sexy.
4. Illume, Woodfire ($36) – Love nothing more than the smell of a cozy wood burning fire on a cold winter night? Here it is in a gorgeous reusable hurricane. (Ladies, this one’s perfect for your guy.)
5. Nest Fragrances, Holiday ($34) – This beauty offers a lovely holiday glow and throws out a solid collaboration of cinnamon, bits of pine, pomegranate, cloves and a touch of vanilla.
6. Thyme, Frasier Fir ($28) – Sweet baby Jesus! This is like pine tree heaven. So fresh and crisp and stinks up the entire casa.
7. Votivo, Joie de Noel ($32) – This one smells like midnight mass, minus the drunk guy sitting next to you who is passed out and farting. We got some rosemary, some spruce, and some other shit like frankincense that simply stinks so good.
8. Jo Malone, Pine and Eucalyptus ($65) – The balance of pine and eucalyptus will have you holiday ready and at the same time offer some aromatherapy during the absolute chaos of the season! Notes of lavender and frankincense join the duo.
9. Bath and Body Works, Twisted Peppermint ($22.50) – Nicole loves this candle so much it turns her into a twisted sister, wtf?! Peppermint meets vanilla. They are soul mates in holiday heaven.
10. Yankee Candle, Balsam Cedar ($27.99) – A holiday classic indeed and that’s what’s so special about this scent. It’s simply pine and gets you in the mood…for the holidays, you perv!
11. Trapp, Mediterranean Fig ($25) – Our mom’s all year round favorite candle, the only one she would still burn during Christmas. It’s a bit fruitier and brings you back to the old country with warm, sweet notes. Has your home smelling party ready…a perfect one for powder room.
What’s your favorite holiday candle? We like to hoard them.