I love lamp. I mean, I love lipstick. In my opinion, real women wear lipstick. My best friends have been making fun of me for 15 years because I sport lipsticks, primarily, over glosses. Am I suggesting I am more of a woman than my best friends because I wear lipstick? You bet your A^% I am! Moving along, I have more lipstick than most have money these days. I don’t wear 90% of them. With that being said, this right here will save you from spending money on things you won’t use because it’s frigging ugly. This right here are my favorite winter lipsticks, from the darkest to the lightest, brightest to boring, deepest to pale. Some of these lips transition nicely into all seasons, others will make you look like the town a-hole if you wear them in the summer. Now, these all are not for everyone. I mean, I don’t expect most of you to go out and buy Macs CB96 and wear it to Christmas Eve Midnight Mass. However, I know there are some super brave, bad a%$ chicks out there who will be able to pull it off without fail. It happens to be my favorite on this list.
1. Bobbi Brown Black Raspberry: Dark ass lips are a 2014 fall and winter trend I am loving. This is my favorite dark ass lip. It is not as dark on as it looks, but it’s still dark. It is a dark berry color, thus the name, and it is very pretty. Is it for everyone? No. Does it take some balls to wear it? Yes, but not huge balls. Town a-hole award will go to you if you wear this to the pool.
2. Laura Mercier Cocoa: This lip is REALLY pretty. It is a deep dark chocolate color so it is pretty warm. Laura’s lipsticks are really nice too, btw. They are creamy and wear well. This color, in my opinion, is a bit more daring than #1. It is more pigmented so it makes a bigger statement. Boring broads beware. Town a-hole award given to the girl who wears this on Easter.
3. Bobbi Brown Rum Raisin: Right here is a lip for every girl. It is versatile and good for everyday/night during the winter season. My sister, Lauren, loves this one!
4. Nars Belle De Jour: NUDE MUST HAVE ALERT! Belle De Jour is on my top 3 favorite nude list. She is a peachy, creamy, nude and she is just lovely. This lip can be worn all year round.
5. Mac CB98: Everyone stand and raise your hands to Jesus! Holy shit, this is my all time favorite lipstick. CB96 is actually the lipstick that got me loving lipsticks back before I had pubes. That was a long ass time ago because now they are grey. I digress. CB96 is not for everyone as I have already stated above. This lipstick is frosted and it’s orange. It’s HOT and I basically love anyone who looks good in it. She can be worn all year round if in fact you can wear her at all.
6. Mac Girl About Town: This lip is sexy as hell. It is a bright, darker pink that looks good on blondes (duh, I look good in it), brunettes and all skin types. Is it for everyone? Probably not, but it is worth a try. I wear this all year round.
7. Nars Hot voodoo: This frosted bronze lipstick makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. She is a real beauty. I wear her all year round so no town a-hole award given here.
8. Mac Creme D’Nude: This lip is super chic. She is a super nude that wears beautifully. I do not think this is a nude for everyone due to her lack of color. Thin lipped girls stay away or buy her after you fill that kisser up. I wear this color all year round.
Lastly, I die over Macs Viva Glam Rihanna lip! Metallic red lips? Yes, please! And make it a double! This is my favorite holiday lip in both the lip glass and lipstick. Santa will pitch a tent when he sees this lip on you. It has happened every single time I wear it and sit on his lap. It’s the darndest thing.
Now go put on some lipstick and have a kick ass day, sisters!