My sisters and I gave birth to The Sister Project back in December of 2014 and based on what I have experienced and learned thus far, this is a ride I don’t plan on getting off of anytime soon. Aside from working with my sisters on our passion project, TSP, which makes for a pretty dynamic work environment, #LOVEIT, I have also met some amazing people and continue to be inspired on a regular basis. Not a bad way to go through life. Here are a few of the things about blogging I didn’t know were going to be part of the deal, the reasons why I stay up past my bedtime, and get up before the sun rises. I heart blogging.
1. Creativity ain’t part of my natural process. I am not a natural born creative minded person. I am a business person who approaches all things with some form of structure. Being a blogger forces you to tap into your creative mind often and although that task has been extremely challenging for me, as a blogger creativity is a necessity and I didn’t think I would love it as much as I do. I learned that I need to work in a space that encourages my creativity. A spot that helps to get the juices flowing. Writing when the twins are up and running does not help the creative process. I have found some favorite spots outside of the house that lend themselves to me and my creativity.
2. Time is of the essence. I knew a time commitment to becoming a blogger would be large. I was not privy to exactly how much time. This is a full time job and hours spent blogging daily range anywhere from 4-8 or more depending. If you are actually blogging and photographing or managing all of the stuff behind the scenes, it’s definitely more. I have no idea how solo bloggers go at it on their own. Hats off for sure.
3. Inspiring people feels good. This is bar none the most fun part of blogging. I had no idea the rush I would feel from being the source of someone else’s inspiration. Ahhhhmazing feeling. I saw a TSPeep in the parking lot last week who told me she loved one of my recipes so she made it for her sister’s birthday. How awesome is that?! BBBB!! Total Blog Boner that day! Surprisingly, those moments have happened a ton since we started and selfishly, I don’t ever want them to stop. Whether someone took the time to send us an email to share words of encouragement, or the adorable mom at the kindergarten pick up line who wanted to share her excitement with us and the fact that she picked up the Second Sis’s eye shadow suggestion, inspiring people has been a constant from the beginning and it is such a good feeling to have.
4. Earth angels. My sisters and I refer to cool ass people who inspire us and have good souls our “earth angels”. From the moment we began this process and opened ourselves up to the idea that anything could be possible, suddenly something began to happen and it was these organic connections we began to make with people we had met, all because of this blog. I feel like that is what life is all about, the human connection. Love this aspect of blogging so much.
5. Everyday is different. Every single work day in the blogosphere is different. Clearly, I didn’t have a grasp on what a day in the life of a blogger was like until I lived it and let me tell you, I have found myself talking shop with the local artsy florist one day and then the next wiping Nutella off Nicole’s face for a photo booth collaboration. Blogging is so much more than photos and a post, blogging is an adventure.
Love It. Live It. Share It.