I wanted to wish everyone an amazing Holiday! I know how busy this time of year is for everyone. At times the action items and honey do’s can almost be too much to bear. I myself am hosting my big, crazy-fun family for our Feast of 7 Fish and as I stole a few moments to write my post for today’s blog, I found myself obsessing over my to do list for the pending holiday. It was absurd actually.
Perhaps I should make a list of things for me to do for me so I can reflect on this Christmas without a single ounce of regret. All too often I host something and because I am so hellbent on making sure the house is kept up and plates are being filled, I often end the holiday wishing I would have spent more time with someone or gotten nogged with someone else. GONE WITH THE DAYS OF OLD!
This season my Christmas To Do List looks a ton different from lists of Chistmas Past. A list less focused on checking things off, but rather a list of ways to stay present and live in the moment and when it is all over, look back and know you didn’t miss a thing. This Christmas I am in it to win it! Mind. Body. Christmas Spirit.
Here is a Christmas list everyone can appreciate. 9 Things.
1. Watch every present be opened. The mess can wait. Actually, I think this should say, “Be Present”, the mess can wait.
2. Taste every dish on the table.
3. Step outside and alert the kids you just saw Santa’s sleigh led by Rudolph’s nose. #ChristmasIsMagic
4. Take time to talk to every single person there. Many times have I been focused on everything when hosting a holiday but the most important part, spending actual time with family.
5. Thank your partner for being your bitch for the last 3 days.
6. Drink too much wine.
7. Make Grandpa read Twas The Night Before Christmas to the kiddies.
8. Play Cards Against Humanity. Because it is so bad, it’s good.
9. Stop and take a moment. Look around. Remember it like it was your last. Life is precious.