If someone were to ask me what my favorite drink of all time was…easy. The Aperol Spritz. Let’s begin with the basics. I first tried this magical beverage in Rome back in 2011. It was love at first site and the rest is history. The End.
I’ve been drinking them ever since and love getting others to do so. The Aperol Spritz has wizardly ways of instantaneously cooling you off on the hottest of nights. It has this bitter sweetness to it, along with some bubbles compliments of the “water con gas” (aka club soda) and Prosecco. Throw in an orange slice and prepare for heaven on earth to meet your taste buds. Tastewise it’s delicious, lookswise, it’s beautiful. Leave it up to the Italians, of course, to create a drink that is just as pretty to drink as it is to look at. And not only is the drink pretty, but you look pretty drinking one too!
What is Aperol? Why thank you for asking! It is a beautifully vibrant, orange Italian aperitif. You may be more familiar with its sister bottle, Campari. It has an alcohol content of 11%, but when combined with Prosecco, that percentage goes up. And what is an aperitif you are wondering? Well, the Italians are geniuses and came up with alcoholic beverages to drink before a meal to get your appetite ready to roll. Worry not, there is a digestif as well for after the meal. Brilliant.
Let’s cut to the chase and get to how to make an Aperol Spritz. Part of the beauty of this drink is how easy it is to make and how little you need.
Here’s your quick list of ingredients: Aperol, Prosecco, club soda, orange slice and a wine glass with lots of ice. Throw in a paper straw and voila! You’ve made your first Spritz!
Steps to making the perfect spritz:
1. Fill up your glass with a lot of ice. More than you think.
2. Pour in about 1/4 the glass with Aperol.
3. Fill almost the rest of the glass up with Prosecco.
4. Splash a bit of club soda at the top and garnish with an orange slice.
5. Admire it in all its glory…then stir, sip and enjoy!!!!
- wine glass
- paper straw
- club soda
- orange slice
- Fill up your glass with a lot of ice. More than you think.
- Pour in about 1/4 the glass with Aperol.
- Fill almost the rest of the glass up with Prosecco.
- Splash a bit of club soda at the top and garnish with an orange slice.
- Sip and enjoy it!
Ok TSPeeps, now is the perfect time of year to try of the most glorious drinks of all times! Let me know how it goes. Salute!!!
What is your summer go to drink….do tell!
Love it. Live it. Share it.