I am so excited to share with you one of my all-time favorite salads!
Here in Chicago, we have a restaurant group called Francesca’s and Francesca’s happens to have one of the most delicious, crunchiest, and quite healthy salads I have ever had.
Now, their version is a bit more basic than mine. The original Francesca’s Snap Pea Salad consists of snap peas (duh), tomatoes, cucumbers, lemon juice, and olive oil. However, I always ask for blue cheese on the side because why not.
Over the years, I’ve created this salad for family parties and as side dishes – it’s a hit!
Recently, I felt like jazzing it up so it could be more of a whole meal…queue the quinoa.
You guys, this salad is beyond perfect for a light lunch or as a side dish at a BBQ.
Thes best part about this salad beside the flavor is you that you can get really creative with the base of it.
Blanched asparagus and avocado would be great substitutions or additions.
I hope you have the opportunity to whip this baby up sometime soon. Trust me, you’ll be addicted!
Sugar Snap Pea and Quinoa Salad
- 1 bag sugar snap peas chopped in thirds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- blue cheese (optional)
- Throw the snap peas, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber in a bowl.
- Sprinkle garlic powder over vegetable mix.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the mix. Add the olive oil. Dash of salt.
- Mix it all together!
- Optional: Add blue cheese