Now that we are all home more than we’ve ever been and most of us are in constant shared air space with our kids, I know I can’t be the only one who feels like all I do is feed, clean, and repeat.
Feed. Clean. Repeat. That’s my summer mantra.
Is this a sign of the times? I don’t remember feeling this way pre-COVID and, truth be told, I am long overdue to share a recipe using my air fryer anyway. I can’t believe how many people have asked and how nervous they are to use my favorite kitchen gadget.
In any event, the kitchen is getting worked to the max, but it also happens to be my office so I want to get the kids fed quick and the kitchen cleaned up so I can get back at it and also not feel like I am working in a dumpster.
Cue: the air fryer.
By now you should know me pretty well. I like simple recipes that taste good. That goes for the stuff I make my kids too. I had a gaggle of kids here one day and day-old bagels I wanted to use rather than waste. So, I dug deep into my cabinets, found a jar of pizza sauce from 2017, and whatever cheese I had in the fridge to create my first-ever air fryer pizza bagels.
This post is proof that those bad boys were a hit.
Since then, I have gone through containers of sauce and mozzarella making this easy summer lunch (or dinner) fan favorite. The pizzas take no time at all, in just about 6 minutes, and the kids haven’t gotten sick of them yet.
Air Fryer Pizza Bagels for the win! Kid tested and mother approved.
Top these little babies with whatever you want and away you go.
Seriously, there are no rules when it comes to pizza toppings, just be sure to put the pepperoni under the cheese so it doesn’t blow around in the fryer.
There you have it, friend. The perfect kid meal made in a jiffy.
Air Fryer Pizza Bagels
- Air Fryer
- 1 bagel We use Trader Joe's bagels.
- 1/2 container pizza sauce We use Trader Joe's refrigerated pizza sauce.
- 1 c shredded mozzarella
- pepperoni Again Trader Joes for the win.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°.
- Slice the bagels and spread a layer of pizza sauce on them.
- If you are adding pepperoni, now would be the time to place them on the sauce.
- Add a generous amount of shredded cheese and place in the air fryer.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes. That all depends on how well done you want your cheese.
I hope your young ones enjoy these as much as mine.