We’re turning the corner into late summer so that means it’s late summer cocktail time. This one was a special request…
Over the summer, Michelle and I got to chatting with one of our favorite business apps, Linktr.ee, and it was decided that we would create a special cocktail just for them!
Before we get boozy with it, you may be wondering what Linktr.ee is. When it comes to delivering all of our content to you, our readers, it’s imperative we have a tool to keep our work organized and accessible.
On a weekly basis, The Sister Project is rolling out blog posts, recipes, and soon enough, podcast episodes. Linktr.ee gives us a space to house all of our links in one place.
It’s an essential part of our business. Without it, we’re a hot mess
You can find our Linktr.ee on our Instagram for all of our “link in bio” needs.
Pro tip: Go PRO with Linktr.ee. It’s $6 a month and worth every penny. It gives you access to add video content, more options for customization, and newsletter sign up. Just to name a few.
Ok back to the booze. We don’t do a lot of gin drinks so we thought we would spice it up and serve up something a bit more herbaceous.
With summer slowly but surely heading to fall, we wanted to offer a drink that is able to give off intense summer notes along with a hint of cozy fall vibes thanks to the rosemary.
OH MY GOD, you guys. It’s insanely delicious.
This fizzy gin and grapefruit cocktail is light, refreshing, and has late summer vibes written all over it.
It’s literally the perfect cocktail to sip and watch the sunset with. Enjoy!
Gin, Grapefruit, and Rosemary Fizz Cocktail
- 1 oz gin
- 1 oz rosemary simple syrup
- 2 oz freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- club soda
- rosemary garnish, optional
- sliced cucumber garnish, optional
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 sprigs of rosemary
- First thing first, make your Rosemary Simple Syrup. In a small saucepan, heat water, sugar, and rosemary at medium heat. Bring to a low boil, stirring the mixture to help the sugar dissolve. Once dissolved, remove your saucepan from the heat and let the mixture steep for at least twenty minutes. Remove rosemary from the simple syrup, store in a container. Can be kept in the refrigerator.
- In a shaker, combine 1 ounce of gin, 1 ounce of rosemary simple syrup, and 2 ounces grapefruit juice. Add ice over ingredients (never pour your ingredients over ice), cover, and give it a good quick shake.
- Pour over ice in a rocks glass. Top with a generous splash of club soda.
- Garnish with a spring of rosemary and cucumber slices.
- Enjoy this cocktail on a late summer day! Sip and enjoy responsibly!