By now this should come as no surprise, I love working with my sister; but, more specifically, I love literally working with her, as in the same physical space.
When I am with her, it means I am doing something independent, away from my family for a few (sorry guys), and it also happens to be one of the rare instances someone feeds me.
The last time we broke bread together, she made this recipe for prosciutto and caper pasta. I am not kidding, I was teleported back to Italy.
The capers and prosciutto create a meld of savory goodness and when topped with a handful of fresh and peppery arugula, you’ve got yourself the quickest, yummiest dang pasta to touch your damn lips.
Pair this with some Vinho Verde or a light Pinot Noir and you’ve got yourself a meal that dreams are made of.
Simple. Savory. Delicious.
Pasta with Prosciutto and Capers
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic or 2 cloves
- 2 tbsp capers
- 6 slices prosciutto cut into thin pieces or one whole package of Trader Joe's prosciutto
- 1/2 c jarred artichokes, chopped
- crushed red pepper
- angel hair pasta
- fresh arugula
- salt to taste
- Boil a large pot of water for your pasta. Boil pasta per the instructions on the package. Be sure to set aside at least 1 cup of pasta water.
- Heat up a large pan and olive oil. Next, add in the garlic and saute until aromatic.
- Add in capers and prosciutto - be sure to use a splash guard as the oil will splash and the capers will pop a bit.
- Allow the flavors to blend on low heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chopped grilled artichokes and stir.
- Take your cup of pasta water and add it to prosciutto pasta and stir it in to thicken the "sauce".
- You can either add the pasta to the sauce or the sauce to the pasta - your call.