Last year as I was very slowly skiing my way down the mountain in Steamboat, CO, I spotted some friends at a little shack-type bar off to the side. Naturally, I skied my way into the spot where you park your skis and awkwardly stomped my way over to our group.
It was at this apres ski where I learned of one of my most favorite winter things to sip on.
We had all ordered a nice cold beer when one of the gals we were with walked up with a big to-go cup of hot green tea. The steam coming from her cup with the snow cap mountains in the background were incredibly enticing and looked so damn cozy.
So I said, that hot green tea looks so damn cozy right now and that’s when she said:
Oh, it’s not just green tea, it’s a Santa’s Beard.
Now, this was pre-COVID so when she asked if I wanted to try this hilariously named drink, I enthusiastically accepted the offer. And let me tell you, it was love at first sip.
The sweet delivery of the elderflower which basically uses the hot tea as a warm vessel is like the hot toddy’s sexy sister.
I brought this drink back to Chicago and have since played with it just a bit. Now, the tea and elderflower liqueur go beautifully together just as is. However, I had some leftover cinnamon simple syrup from my Apple 125’s and thought it would be a perfect addition…I was right.
This drink is both insanely soothing and delicious.
*This is a Sponsored Cocktail Recipe
There is also something extraordinarily relaxing about sipping on a Santa’s Beard, so when we teamed up with Equilibria to create a cocktail using their CBD Daily Drops, we knew it had to be this drink that we infuse.
When it comes to what CBD we take on a daily basis, we do not mess around. In fact, medical-grade CBD is the only option we’ll consider. Add that with Equilibria being created by women for women, it’s also all organic and full-spectrum. The women at Equilibria have created a CBD product that is fully traceable (they have their own farm in Colorado) because the truth is, you want to know exactly where your CBD is coming from and how it’s being grown.
I take my Equilibria Daily Drops every single morning because as Michelle says:
It’s not about what you feel when you take it, it’s what you don’t feel.
CBD is the non-psychoactive sister to THC and offers aid with a host of issues including stress and sleep. The latter one I do not have a problem with, but being a human, I am susceptible to stress here and there.
CBD helps stress feel more managed, approachable with ease, and way less overwhelming. It’s quite lovely indeed.
The other really important piece to this puzzle with Equilibria that sets them apart from other CBD options, their dosage specialists. Whether you purchase one bottle or a monthly subscription, Equilibria is just a phone call or email away from having you taking the perfect dose designed just for you.
In the event, you decide to try EQ, use our code: THESISTERPROJECT for 15% off of your first order.
The Santa’s Beard ala CBD is our very first cocktail featuring CBD, we couldn’t be more excited to share this recipe with you.
This drink can be made without the addition of CBD or the elderflower liqueur, however, we do highly recommend adding Equilibria’s Daily Drops in Cranberry Elderflower to your Santa’s Beard.
It’s the perfect way to add extra cozy to the end of your day.
- 1 mug hot tea Do not fill to the top, save space for additional ingredients.
- 1.5 oz elderflower liqueur St. Germain and St. Elder are both great options.
- 7-10 drops Equilibria Cranberry Elderflower Daily Drops
- 0.5 oz cinnamon simple syrup You can also forgo the cinnamon simple syrup, in which case use 2 oz elderflower liqueur.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Make cinnamon syrup ahead of time, at least 8 hours but up to 24. In a mason jar, mix and dissolve 1 cup of sugar into 1 cup of very hot water. Stir until sugar has mostly dissipated. Then place 6 cinnamon sticks into your simple syrup and store in your refrigerator.
- Boil water for tea.
- Steep tea for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 7-10 drops of Equilibria Cranberry Elderflower Daily Drops to your hot tea.
- Add 1.5 - 2 oz of elderflower liquor to your hot tea.
- Add 0.5 oz cinnamon simple syrup.
- Jazz up your drink with a cinnamon stick.
- Give it a little stir and enjoy your Santa's Beard!